Megaman The Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Megaman The Legacy

A megaman rp for anyone new and for people who just love megaman

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I only know a little bit about megaman

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zeldaman

zeldaman

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Character sheet
Operator Name:: Kitara Ling
Navi Name:: Kingi Ling
HP::
I only know a little bit about megaman Left_bar_bleue1000/1000I only know a little bit about megaman Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

I only know a little bit about megaman Empty
PostSubject: I only know a little bit about megaman   I only know a little bit about megaman Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:46 pm

okay as the title says I only know a little bit about megaman so what in the H@LL are navi's and everything else???except for characters!!!
Back to top Go down
Shadeslayer
Admin
Admin
Shadeslayer

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Character sheet
Operator Name:: Jaden Freezeman
Navi Name:: Sub-Zero
I only know a little bit about megaman Left_bar_bleue900/900I only know a little bit about megaman Empty_bar_bleue  (900/900)

PostSubject: Re: I only know a little bit about megaman   I only know a little bit about megaman Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:23 pm

I'll let Vexthewolf explain this since he knows much more than I about megaman.
Back to top Go down
zeldaman

zeldaman

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Character sheet
Operator Name:: Kitara Ling
Navi Name:: Kingi Ling
I only know a little bit about megaman Left_bar_bleue1000/1000I only know a little bit about megaman Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: I only know a little bit about megaman   I only know a little bit about megaman Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:29 pm

thankyou!
Back to top Go down
ssj3gohan007
Admin
Admin
ssj3gohan007

Number of posts : 374

Character sheet
Operator Name:: Taishi Shotoku
Navi Name:: Gigaman.exe
I only know a little bit about megaman Left_bar_bleue850/850I only know a little bit about megaman Empty_bar_bleue  (850/850)

PostSubject: Re: I only know a little bit about megaman   I only know a little bit about megaman Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 11:24 pm

I can explain as well

Netnavi's look 'somewhat' like the classic megaman characters. Its from both an anime called Megaman NT Warrior and several seasons that spawn from it. Also the video games Megaman Battle Network series. Its also Rockman.exe in japanese.

The series focuses on Lan Hikari and his NetNavi, MegaMan.EXE as they build their friendship while dealing with threats from various NetCrime organizations. Along with Lan are friends Maylu Sakurai, Dex Ogreon, Yai Ayano, Tory Froid, and their respective Navis: Roll, GutsMan, Glide, IceMan.

Although the series originally remains fairly close to the games in terms of storyline, it begins to diverge greatly partway into the series. For example, there is no evidence showing that Lan and MegaMan were twin brothers in the anime, unlike in the games where it is revealed near the end of the first Battle Network game.

Certain plot points have evidently been changed during the course of the series. In the first Japanese ending credits for Stream, both Ribitta (Kero Midorikawa) and Higsby were featured, foreshadowing, at the time, the possibility of the two becoming Cross Fusion members (Maylu and Ms. Yuri were chosen as substitutes). Similarly, in episode 12 of Beast, Iris is chased down by a shadowy figure bearing a resemblance to Colonel. Given the events that unfold as the rest of the story progresses, this scene does not make sense, as Colonel had not yet become a Zoanoroid, therefore he would not be stalking her to discover Trill's secrets.

EXE or NT Warrior is roughly split into two separate storylines. The first concerns the original WWW (World Three) and Mr. Wily's (Dr. Wily) plan on finding the Ultimate NetNavi, culminating in the N1 Grand Prix, a NetBattling tournament. At its conclusion, the Ultimate NetNavi PharaohMan awakens from his slumber and proceeds to claim the net as his own, deleting MegaMan in the process. PharaohMan would eventually be weakened by the two tournament finalists, ProtoMan and a newly-rebuilt MegaMan, leading to his capture by Wily. The second half of the season has the characters take on Grave (Gospel), a NetMafia syndicate spearheaded by Wily that seeks to create a virus beast with the capability to destroy the net. The last several episodes of EXE would serve as a lead-in to Axess.

Lan's father, Yuichiro Hikari, curiously absent for most of EXE, completes his research on the Synchro Chip, a device that enables Operators and NetNavis to become one through the use of Cross Fusion. This development coincides with a plot by Nebula (led by the notorious Dr. Regal) and the Darkloids (headed by ShadeMan and later Laserman) to take over both the human and cyberworlds. It is at this point that events involving Navis become secondary to the action that takes place in the real world (rather than the cyberworld), which has led critics to label it a generic Henshin series. The storyline in Axess is considerably darker, and many EXE regulars make only sporadic appearances.

At the beginning of Axess, Lan manages to use the then-untested Synchro Chip to Cross Fuse with MegaMan and defeat the Darkloids that materialize in the real world with the aid of Dimensional Converters. Because of this, Lan is invited to become a NetSaver (Net Savior), an Official NetBattler charged with protecting the net. As a result of Cross Fusion, MegaMan loses his Style Change option, but instead gains the ability to use Soul Unison (or "DoubleSoul") with which allows him to combine his powers with other NetNavis, harkening back to the original Megaman's Power Copy ability. Much of the series is devoted in dealing with the problem of the addictive Dark Chips and the criminal syndicate, Nebula.

Stream continues the storyline set by Axess by introducing Duo, a being from outer space who seeks to destroy humanity after witnessing the chaos caused by Dr. Regal. Intrigued by Cross Fusion, he decides to spare mankind temporarily, bestowing a test upon the main characters to assess whether or not humans truly merit survival. He sends his subordinate, Slur, to Earth, where she hands Navis possessing the powers of Duo's asteroid to unsuspecting people to observe what they will do with such might. In the process, Neo WWW is formed by Tesla Gauss (Tesla Magnets) to cause havoc. Dr. Regal also returns during the movie, and again towards the end of Stream, with the focus of Stream shifting to time travel. There are no plans to bring Stream and or other NT Warrior sequels to the United States because it has already Megaman Star Force.

Beast introduces the warring Cybeasts (Cyber Beasts) Gregar (Greiga) and Falzar (Falzer), as well as the Navi Trill (who starts out the series as an infant but quickly grows into a young child). Pitted against the newly-emerged Zoanoroid armies of the Cybeasts, Lan, MegaMan, and a select group of their partners, find themselves drawn into the parallel world of Beyondard. Guided by a mysterious girl, Iris, they join the human resistance in the fight to claim the "Synchronizer" powers of Trill, with which MegaMan is able to "Beast Out". Nearing the end of Beast, the android brain belonging to Wily of Beyondard reveals himself along with his lackeys, Blackbeard (Captain Kurohige) and Yuika (Chirol), hoping to acquire the victor Cybeast as his new body. Ultimately, the two merge together into the Super Cybeast Grezar, which becomes Wily's vessel with assistance from Trill's powers. MegaMan and Trill merge together and lend their strength to Lan to form a "Juuka Style," giving him the strength to destroy it.

Beast+ continues from where Beast left off, though it is marketed as a stand-alone series. Episodes are reduced to approximately ten minutes in length, airing in the thirty minute time-slot Oha Coliseum alongside the Saru Getchu anime. Beast+ consists of a string of arcs beginning with the appearance of the Professor and Zero (both from Mega Man Network Transmission). An ex-WWW member, the Professor recovers the remains of Grezar, intent on reviving it for his own purposes. Following its deletion and Zero's decision to break ties with his master, the second arc takes place. Stranded in the world that they perceive to be opposite of their own, Blackbeard and Yuika band together with Darkloid BubbleMan, committing various crimes in a Team Rocket-esque fashion. Shortly thereafter, MegaMan gains the abilities of Cross System. Zero then returns in the subsequent arc, befriending both GutsMan and MegaMan. The vengeful Professor, however, also resurfaces, unleashing a new subordinate known as Zero One. Moved by the kindness that has been shown to him, Zero sacrifices himself to put a stop to the Professor once and for all. The storyline then continues toward its finale with the introduction of Cache, the final boss of the Japan-exclusive mobile game, Rockman EXE Phantom of Network, who threatens to consume the world with the aid of Phantom Navis and cache data. Beast+ concludes the series, ending September 30, 2006.
Back to top Go down
keymaster of souls

keymaster of souls

Number of posts : 182

Character sheet
Operator Name:: Zachary Geleni
Navi Name:: keyman
I only know a little bit about megaman Left_bar_bleue500/500I only know a little bit about megaman Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

PostSubject: Re: I only know a little bit about megaman   I only know a little bit about megaman Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 5:21 pm

I've read the NT warrior manga(up to volume 2).
Yea, call me pathetic if you wish...
Back to top Go down
ssj3gohan007
Admin
Admin
ssj3gohan007

Character sheet
I only know a little bit about megaman Left_bar_bleue850/850I only know a little bit about megaman Empty_bar_bleue  (850/850)

PostSubject: Re: I only know a little bit about megaman   I only know a little bit about megaman Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:53 am

How is it pathetic?

Nice job!
Back to top Go down
Shadeslayer
Admin
Admin
Shadeslayer

Number of posts : 302

Character sheet
Operator Name:: Jaden Freezeman
Navi Name:: Sub-Zero
I only know a little bit about megaman Left_bar_bleue900/900I only know a little bit about megaman Empty_bar_bleue  (900/900)

PostSubject: Re: I only know a little bit about megaman   I only know a little bit about megaman Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 9:00 am

I've read up to volume three. affraid
Back to top Go down
ssj3gohan007
Admin
Admin
ssj3gohan007

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I only know a little bit about megaman   I only know a little bit about megaman Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 9:00 am

WOW!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I only know a little bit about megaman   I only know a little bit about megaman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I only know a little bit about megaman
Page 1 of 1